This practically based course is designed to give participants an understanding of alternative energy options and provide them with the practical knowledge and skills to build solar to electric and wind to electric systems at a foundation level.
Learning Objectives include
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of the different alternative energy and renewable Energy Technology systems
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the operation of a wide range of electronic components and circuits and their applications in Alternative Energy Systems
- Become competent in the correct use of electronic test and measurement equipment such as Analogue and Digital Multimeters
- Build a simple photovoltaic to electric system
- Build a simple wind to electric system
- Effectively connect up, test and fault-find renewable energy and alternative energy system elements