Business and Accounting / Evening-Classes-Waterford / 317 views
This course is offered by Goreyadulted – www.goreyadulted.ie
CERTIFICATE IN BOOKKEEPING
About the Course
The Certificate in Bookkeeping, accredited by ICB, is aimed at those who are new to bookkeeping and have little or no previous knowledge or experience. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a full understanding of the concepts of double entry bookkeeping and its place in modern business, enter transactions into a
bookkeeping system and produce an initial trial balance. They should be able to reconcile sales and purchases ledger balances against the relevant control accounts and reconcile the bank account. They should also be able to identify and correct errors present in the system.
Who is the course for?
● Anyone who would like to work in an accounting role in SME
● if People who would like to run their own bookkeeping business
● if Owner Managers who wish to understand the finances of their small business
● if Bookkeepers who would like to enhance their experience with a qualification
Who is ICB?
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is the largest bookkeeping institute in the world. It promotes and maintains the standards of bookkeeping as a profession through the establishment of relevant qualifications and the award of grades of membership that recognise academic attainment, working experience and competence.
There are no formal entry requirements to the Certificate in Bookkeeping and no prior bookkeeping knowledge is assumed at this level. However, candidates must have basic numerical skills and a good understanding of the English language.
The Certificate in Bookkeeping is made up of five topics:
1. Underpinning Knowledge
2. Preparation of Business Documents
3. Accounting for VAT
4. Entering Transactions
5. Reconciliation and Reporting
The testing of knowledge and skills for the qualification will comprise three online assessments.
The first two will test the concepts that underpin the double entry system for a variety of types of businesses; the third will test the set up and data entry to trial balance using software.
● Subscription and student membership to ICB
● Classroom Tuition (12 nights and 3 exam sessions)
● Comprehensive set of worked examples
● Online recorded material, quizzes and exam prep to support the classroom based learning (Access for 6 months)
● All 3 assessments (1 sitting at each)
Please note students will require their own lap top for 4 Sage sessions and 3 Exam sessions
Course: 213 l Tutor: Elaine O’Doherty l Cost: €595 l 12 weeks l 7.00pm to 10.00pm
“Recognised professional qualifications like the ICB Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting Technicians give employers comfort that the people they hire have the skills and knowledge needed to fulfill their roles efficiently and competently”
Ed Heffernan, Founding Partner at Barden (Experts in Accounting and Taxation Recruitment)
Registration for our courses is available by going onto website www.malahidecs.ie and clicking on the ‘Enrol Here’ button on the righthand-side of the screen, by postal registration using the form on the inside cover of our Programme or on our walk-in enrolment night on Monday 16th September 2019, 7:30pm – 9.00pm. Students can meet the course tutors at this session. Complimentary tea/coffee will also be available at this enrolment/open evening.
- Course Types : Evening Course
- Course Provider : Gorey Adult Ed